The Goole Times reported in August 1896 that plans were submitted on behalf of the Anson Brothers for the erection of 3 houses in Hambleton. The architect was asked if a damp course would be added which he confirmed and that water would be supplied from the artesian well used by the factory. The date plate on the wall shows 1897. In 1945 Mr. T. Longbottom asked Messrs. Bentley & Sons to sell the Terrace in Station Road, Hambleton together with gardens and out-premises. At present in the occupation of the West Riding Constabulary, Messrs. Howcroft, Nix and Mrs Middleton at a gross rental of £83 10s 0d. The dwelling houses are let to good tenants, are in good state of repair, each house containing sitting room, kitchen with cooking range, scullery with set pot, and pantry on the ground floor and 4 bedrooms on the upper floor. Public water is laid to each house, and electric power to each except Mrs Middleton’s. The greenhouse belongs to one of the tenants. Whether this sale was before the Old Police House was built has yet to be clarified.