Chapel Court was built following the sale of a cottage and land in Chapel Street which had been gifted to the Parish Council in 1940. Selby District Council bought the cottage and land on 31st March, 1991 to enable a housing association to build 8 bungalows. The complex was developed in partnership with Harewood Housing Society Limited and built by R. K. Poskitt (Beal) Limited. Councilor John Jackson performed the official opening on 12th May, 1992. The money received by the Parish Council was used to set up the Hambleton (Selby) Parish Council Charitable Trust. The Charity was registered on 7th June, 1993. The working name is Hambleton Trust.